This activity is designed for learners to be able to express their own feelings around the current and future situation around ESOL funding.
- Set the background by asking learners to read Hana and Mohamed’s stories, the provided reading activity is a good introduction to the topic. Alternatively use the video from the ESOL day of action to introduce the topic and issues to your learners.
- Use the questions in section 2 to stimulate discussion among learners; you may want learners to discuss these prompts in small groups.
- Ask learners to click on the link in the third section, they will see the following screen:
- Learners will be able to add vitual post-its to the noticeboard. These can contain text, pictures, videos or documents (if learners register – this is free and can be done via this link: https://linoit.com/user/register?dispLang=en_US )
- This section of the screen is used to add the virtual post-its to the corkboard:
- As Lino.it allows for pictures and videos to be submitted, you might want learners to create posters, which you could then photograph and upload. Alternatively you may want to film learners speaking and upload the videos from this; this is a flexible resource which supports different forms of learner expression.
- Please note that the content posted by your learners will be visible to all users of the website. Ensure that learners do not post contact information - you may wish to discuss this with your learners prior to the activity.